Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

3745 loses certificate after reboot

I have a brand new 3745 router running Cisco IOS 12.3(11)T, which I have set up as the core gateway router for my WAN. I set up a CA and enrolled the router with the CA. The router was authenticated and received a certificate which I stored in the nvram using the "copy system:running-config nvram:startup-config" command. Before reboot, when I do a "show start", both certificates are seen as stored on the nvram. However after a reboot, only the router certificate remains on the nvram. I tried using a "no crypto ca certificate query" command, but I still get the same result. What do you think the problem is here? Is it a bug with the IOS?

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: 3745 loses certificate after reboot

I am not sure, it looks like bug. You can upgrade your software in router. You can also check if any configuration is missing in your NVRAM.

Re: 3745 loses certificate after reboot

Might be worth checking the format of your certificate. I had the same problem with a 3600 in a test environment and had to amend the setup of my Microsoft Certificate Server to include the following Subject Name RDNs :

UnstructuredName

UnstructuredAddress

DEVICESERIALNUMBER

using the following procedure :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\CertSvc\Configuration\CAName.

Registry value SubjectTemplate

Add values UnstructuredName, UnstructuredAddress and DEVICESERIALNUMBER

Views
Helpful
Replies