cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

506, VPN and external access

Russ_Jacobs
Level 1
Level 1

I have been trying to setup a 506 to serve as a firewall for a small local church. I have been banging my head against this and finally need to reach out for some assistance. I have read through too many different configurations and tried most of them without success.

Here is what I am trying to achieve in a nutshell.

A 506 connected to a cable provider with a Dynamic DNS service. From this 506 I want to:

1) Protect the internal network

2) Provide access through the PIX to a web/mail server inside the network.

3) allow remote access VPN connections with RADIUS authorization.

I have been able to do the following combinations:

1 and 2 working together without problem. I can access the Net from the inside network without problems and get traffic in to the web server and the mail server.

1 and 3 working together. Protection and access for internal network is working fine with VPN access for remote clients.

What I have not been able to get working is having the VPN working and allowing access to the web/mail server at the same time.

I am certain that I have missed something simple in the configuration, unless this is just not possible.

Thank you,

Russ

17 Replies 17

Sorry you feel that way. Usually people put some effort into solving their own problem, posting configs, updates, posting LOGS etc.

Nobody here is getting paid for helping you, so you may want to ask nicely next time. Good luck.

Excuse me? Check the thread here and you will see that I did post configs and asked for assistance and guidance. I was initially told that it would be no problem to do what I was trying, but then nothing. I tried many times to generate some help, but it did not happen.

After getting nothing that helped at all, I have become frustrated. Sorry if you cannot understand that. It is funny that I receive no helpful replies to any posts here unless I mark the previous replies as being not helpful, then I get responses within minutes...

I too get frustrated but at the end of the day it is your issue to resolve not ours. Speaking for myself (and I think others may agree) that if you post to a group such as this - you get...what you get. There's no guarantee.

What is guarantee is opening a TAC case and getting help from the paid professionals. We all have our own systems to manage and problems to solve too you know.

Good Luck to you. I think you'll find that opening a TAC case will get this issue resolved much faster.