Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

8.04 and ssh does not work through vpn

Somehow after upgrading the ASA Cluster 5520 from 8.03 to 8.04, I am not able to get ssh sessions through the tunnel.

The handshake starts, and then it stops after a while, and the remote client does not get any packets through the tunnel.

I this a known bug ? Is there a workaround ?

I downgraded to 8,.03, and it worked fine, execpt for the security problems...

• VPN
1 REPLY

Re: 8.04 and ssh does not work through vpn

The security appliance allows SSH connections to the security appliance for management purposes. The security appliance allows a maximum of 5 concurrent SSH connections per context, if available, with a maximum of 100 connections divided between all contexts.SSH is an application running on top of a reliable transport layer, such as TCP/IP, that provides strong authentication and encryption capabilities. The security appliance supports the SSH remote shell functionality provided in SSH Versions 1 and 2 and supports DES and 3DES ciphers

Refer the following url for more information on configuring SSH Access in ASA:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa80/configuration/guide/mgaccess.html#wp1042250

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.