Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

A very interesting DMVPN design problem

I'm trying to design a network where certain networks go through the tunnel and one goes through the outside interface, which is a very typical design for DMVPN.

Here's my issue. I need the tunnel traffic to use EIGRP AND I need the other traffic to use EIGRP for route selection.

We have each router with two connections going to a different wireless link. All these wireless links are point-to-point. The DMVPN is going on a single path only, if that path goes down then it can wait till it's restored (not ideal but good enough). However, we have paying subscribers who are going to be using the same network under a different subnet, of course, and they'll be NAT'd to these two outside interfaces, which will be connected to point-to-point links until they make it to the ISP which is about three or four hops away max. If a link goes down, then EIGRP will sort that out and allow the paying customers to continue their surfing.

How do I do this without breaking DMVPN?

ANy help on this would be greatly appreciated.

TIA.

Mitch

1 REPLY

Re: A very interesting DMVPN design problem

run eigrp with 2 seperate as numbers... on eigrp AS for DMVPN, one for other routes.

"bind" eigrp to the networks/interfaces you require using specific network statements which include the wild card masks...

Routes will not jump as's without redistribution...

Views
Helpful
Replies