cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Able to connect to VPN via wireless, but not receive any information

sharwrkmom
Level 1
Level 1

Help!  My company wants to re-image my computer for this problem, which just seems ridiculous!  I can connect to the VPN using ethernet cable, without any problems.  I can connect using wireless, but once connected the server doesn't see me, and I can't access any company websites.  I am able to visit any other web site, both on the VPN and off the VPN when using wireless.  This just started happening!  I am on a Dell Latitude D820, and have uninstalled and reinstalled my wireless driver numerous times (6 to be exact).  I'm not sure if this is a wireless card problem, or a VPN problem... just reaching out to anyone for help   Thank you so much!

1 Reply 1

Walter Lopez
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Sharon,

What kind of VPN are you using? Cisco IPSec VPN Client or AnyConnect?

When you connect using the Wireless, can you see the traffic being encrypted on the VPN Client (check this under statistics)?

Use a Packet Capture software like (Wireshark) to confirm what are the packets doing and if you can see the packets going through the VPN or no.

What you need to confirm first is if the packets are being encrypted or no. If not, so the problem is your Wireless Adapter. And at this point it looks like because using the same PC and wired connection the same VPN Software works. At the end, you tried uninstall/reinstall the Wireless Drivers, and I will say reimage the PC will be the easiest option to figure it out the problem.