Views
Helpful
Replies

About monitoring of Anyconnect Stats on Cisco ASA 5540

Jing Ren
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I have been spending the past three weeks in order to locate a proper oid for AnyConnect VPN stats. My aim is simple, to gather the total number of active users and the total amount of the traffic generated.

The oid I used for the active users is:

which works perfectly fine. However, I came into a mysterious situation.

Inside CISCO-REMOTE-ACCESS-MONITOR-MIB.my

I tried crasGlobalInPkts and crasGlobalOutPkts but both of them always showed 0 from a snmpwalk.

Then I used alSslStatsPreDecryptOctets and alSslStatsPreEncryptOctets and they did produce figures from polls. However, the figures incremented at a steady ratio in spite of the number of current active users. I have manually added the number of octets for all users (show vpn-sessiondb svc) and apparently the delta value and the summed value didn't match, nor did the total value matched those from show crypto ssl mib.

I was disappointed and desperate. Could anyone help? I just want to report on the total amount of svc traffic for AnyConnect on ASA.

Thank you all for any help or hints in advance,

Best Wishes,

James Ren

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: