Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

About monitoring of Anyconnect Stats on Cisco ASA 5540

Dear all,

I have been spending the past three weeks in order to locate a proper oid for AnyConnect VPN stats. My aim is simple, to gather the total number of active users and the total amount of the traffic generated.

The oid I used for the active users is:

which works perfectly fine. However, I came into a mysterious situation.

Inside CISCO-REMOTE-ACCESS-MONITOR-MIB.my

I tried crasGlobalInPkts and crasGlobalOutPkts but both of them always showed 0 from a snmpwalk.

Then I used alSslStatsPreDecryptOctets and alSslStatsPreEncryptOctets and they did produce figures from polls. However, the figures incremented at a steady ratio in spite of the number of current active users. I have manually added the number of octets for all users (show vpn-sessiondb svc) and apparently the delta value and the summed value didn't match, nor did the total value matched those from show crypto ssl mib.

I was disappointed and desperate. Could anyone help? I just want to report on the total amount of svc traffic for AnyConnect on ASA.

Thank you all for any help or hints in advance,

Best Wishes,

James Ren

Views
Helpful
Replies