Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

access local host over site to site vpn with static nat configured

i have two 881 routers with a site to site vpn between them. I have a static nat on the office router for a webserver that is accessible from the internet. I am unable to access this webserver across the vpn. All other traffic is fine acrosss VPN. I am thinking this is an issue with NAT. Here is relevant config lines.

ip nat inside source route-map SDM_RMAP_1 interface FastEthernet4 overload
ip nat inside source static 192.168.150.2 blahblahblah route-map SDM_RMAP_1

route-map SDM_RMAP_1 permit 1
match ip address 100

access-list 100 deny   ip 192.168.150.0 0.0.0.255 192.168.123.0 0.0.0.255
access-list 100 permit ip 192.168.150.0 0.0.0.255 any

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You should be able to access the web server with its private ip address (192.168.150.2) through the VPN connection.

If you have just added the VPN and the route-map, try to clear the existing translation, and see if you can access it via its private ip address from the remote VPN LAN.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You should be able to access the web server with its private ip address (192.168.150.2) through the VPN connection.

If you have just added the VPN and the route-map, try to clear the existing translation, and see if you can access it via its private ip address from the remote VPN LAN.

You are correct. The configuration is correct. Just needed to

clear the existing NAT translations. Thanks for your help!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: