Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Accessing a VPN though ASA5505

I only have basic knowledge on Router configurations, so  please help me figure out what I have to do. I want to settup a IPSec VPN from a computer to another network and connect remotedly to a client on the other side. The configuration is as follows:

WIndows 7 Computer --- ASA5505 --- (Internet) --- SA540 --- Network

Device 1:

Cisco SA540 Security Appliance (Small Business Pro)

Security Appliance Configuration Utility 2.1.71 Firmware

Device 2:

CISCO ASA5505 (Security Plus)

Usually each router is configured by a consultant, but for some reason they can't get the VPN connection to work. The consultants are not very willing to help either.  So I gotta figure this out by myself or get someone else to help. (hopefully I can figure it out)

At the moment I only have access to the ASA5505 router through ASDM and I am testing from the Windows 7 side using CISCO VPN client. My guess is that the problem is on the ASA5505 side because I can connect to the VPN if I use a Sprint 3g card, but as soon as I attempt to connect through the network, it fails to respond.

What sort of LOG or configuration would you need me to post in order to get help, judging by what I have access to...

Thank you in advance, every bit of help will be appreciated!

Everyone's tags (5)
Views
Helpful
Replies