Views
Helpful
Replies

Accessing Microsoft office files across a site-to-site tunnel

robzamani
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

We have multiple offices across the country and have site-to site VPN tunnels between each site . I had some users accessing a WORD document using a drive mapping mapped to a server in our corporate office.They are able to get to the drive without any problems , but opening the WORD document takes time and also after they save it , it takes a while before the prompt appears in the WORD document again. Also, once they save the document , it takes a while before the document can be accessed again . This is happening across most of our site-to-site tunnels.

Any help on troubleshooting this issue would be really really helpful as I am in a kind of a crunch right now .

Thanks ,

Karthik.

3 Replies 3

wong34539
Level 6
Level 6

I think this problem is related to microsoft which you have installed in your client PC, because the other applications are running with out any problems. So better you can check the ms word. Try by reinstall the application.

Hi ,

Thank you for your response , but I do nt think the problem is related to an application as this problem is happening across all the site to site tunnels and every machine that runs MS - OFFICE.

The sysopt tcpmss setting is set to default and the MTU is set to the default of 1500 . At this point I don't know what to say except advise my users that this is expected across a VPN tunnel

S2S utilizing what devices? Wondering if this has to do with the DF bit being set.

Tim