Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ACL in routed 5505

Background: after looking at the document I will tell you that the scenario is the FEP_server initiates communications to the 1.1.1.1 tcp 4113 router. We use this as a backup and I know for a fact it worked before adding the RockyPH-transparent-fw and the FEP-transparent-FW. This testing was done when the SY_Firewall went in and everything worked. Several months ago the RockyPH-transparent-fw was installed. Today the FEP-transparent-FW was installed and we started testing this backup communications link and it would not work. I noticed the syslog in the SY_firewall saying 'icmp block src: 168.117.106.243 to 172.19.0.1'....I don't know why the RockyPH-tran-fw would be trying to ping the server????? So I added ace to both interfaces (inside/outside) to allow traffic between 172.19.0.1 and 168.117.106.243 and everything started working!! Why would I have to add those ACE to make this work??

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: ACL in routed 5505

Re: ACL in routed 5505

Did you mean to send a 'vpn' link? If you did, I don't understand. There is not vpn involved in this situation.

Views
Helpful
Replies