cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Activating saved configs on an ASA5520, without a reload?

Robertelson
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 5520 runing 8.4 and I would like to activate a previosuly saved configuration without reloading the 5520. Is this possible?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You're welcome. After you test it out, please rate the question as answered if it works.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I haven't tried it myself but you should be able to follow the procedure here with some modifications.

i.e.:

clear configure all

copy disk0:/saved-config running-config

...specifying your saved configuration where I've put disk0:/saved-config. I'd recommend it be on disk0: and that you do this from console as you may lose remote connectivity if anything goes wrong.

UPDATE - I realized that command was for ASA 7.x and is now deprecated. I'm not sure if one can do this under ASA 8.4.

CORRECTION - "clear configure all" is still a good command in ASA 8.4. It needs to be executed from configure mode.

Hi Marvin,

Thanks for the reply. I guess thats as close as I'll get without a reload. I'll have to test it out to see if there is any impact during the time of "no config" till "new config" is in place.

Thanks again

You're welcome. After you test it out, please rate the question as answered if it works.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: