cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding an AnyConnect PLUS/APEX Classic Lisence to FMC for FTD 6.2 on Firepower 2130

jasond
Level 1
Level 1

Finally FTD 6.2 is out! Now I just need to figure out how to add existing AnyConnect PLUS classic licenses to a Firepower 2130.  It is not the same instructions as it is to add to additional ASA5500s. Neither is the same as adding classic threat licenses to ASA w/FirePOWER svc. The TAC licensing team is not really helping.  How is this done?

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

FTD uses Smart Software Licensing exclusively.

If you already have an classic licensing AnyConnect 4.x PAK for either Plus, Apex or VPN Only license, simply email licensing@cisco.com and ask that the PAK be shared with your organization's Smart Licensing account. The procedure is outlined in the Anyconnect Licensing FAQ here:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/anyconnect-secure-mobility-client/200191-AnyConnect-Licensing-Frequently-Asked-Qu.html#anc56

I did this myself about a week ago and had the confirmation from the GLO (Global Licensing Operations - the team who handles TAC license requests) within about an hour. My FMC was then able to sync and confirm the license availability for use by my FTD device (an FTDv in my case). Once I had that, I successfully setup and confirmed a working remote access VPN on FTD.