Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

After ASA 7.1(2) to 8.0(4) upgrade Remote VPN's not working correctly.

I just upgraded my ASA's from 7 to 8 and now my Remote Access VPN's are working correctly. The tunnels connect and I can ping anything but I can't browse network shares or connect to exchange.

ANy idea as to what I am missing?

Thanks,

Dan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: After ASA 7.1(2) to 8.0(4) upgrade Remote VPN's not working

IPSec VPN packets are dropped when compression is enabled-When you configure the ip-comp enable command under the group-policy, then large packets that are eligible for compression are silently dropped by the security appliance. VPN compression is only useful for very slow Internet connections, so we suggest that you disable compression (ip-comp disable). Alternatively, you can upgrade to interim build 8.0(4.16) or later. (CSCsu26649)

From Cisco 8.0.4 release notes.

2 REPLIES

IPSec VPN packets are dropped when compression is enabled-When you configure the ip-comp enable command under the group-policy, then large packets that are eligible for compression are silently dropped by the security appliance. VPN compression is only useful for very slow Internet connections, so we suggest that you disable compression (ip-comp disable). Alternatively, you can upgrade to interim build 8.0(4.16) or later. (CSCsu26649)

From Cisco 8.0.4 release notes.

Thanks! I found that you had this problem last night in a prior post and have already diasbled IP-comp.

Thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies