cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect 2.5.2xxx XP "No trusted network detection rules defined"

Charles Rayer
Level 1
Level 1

I have upgraded my firewalls to 8.3 and subsequently upgraded my AnyConnect to 2.5.2xxx

All seems good, except some PCs can't use the AnyConnect anymore.

The client will connect, and gets an ip address, but then drops the connection immediately, showing messages:

"The VPN client driver has encountered an error"

"AnyConnect was not able to establish a connection to the specified gateway, Please try connecting again"

and then at the bottom of the AC window:

"No trusted network detection rules defined. Contact your network admin"

But I have created a profile with trusted network rules set to Connect. I can see the profile is downloaded when the client attempts connection, and is stored in app support, and AC finds it during the connection but then the event manager logs indicate it's not being used, "No profile available for host xxxxxxxxx.com", that some default profile is being used, which has "TrustedNetworkPolicy:disconnect" set.

Any ideas?

Thanks for reading

2 Replies 2

Charles Rayer
Level 1
Level 1

It also happens with the IPsec client. Then I get Reason 422, a problem with the VA adapter

Hi Charles,

Please check for the following things:-

[1]Try to perform the steps given in the following link under topic "AnyConnect: Corrupt Driver Database Issue"

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_tech_note09186a00809b4754.shtml

and check if it helps.

[2]Also check if there is any 3rd party application installed which is causing this issue.

[3]Disable any kind of antivirus and firewall and see if we are able to connect.

Please let me know if there is any kind of specific OS(like win7 , vista,XP) with which we are having this issue.

Also try to copy the profile manually in the following location:-

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client\Profile

Please let me know if it helps.