Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect Backup Server When Session Limit Hit

Andrew Devine
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've done the usual search engine and forum crawl in search of the answer, but can't find anything definitive.

Is it possible for AnyConnect to utilise the backup server defined in the connection profile when the session limit is hit on an ASA?  Essentially if I hit the 250 limit on my ASA 5510 in Region A, will it try the backup server ASA defined in the connection profile which is in Region B?

From what I have read, the backup server only kicks in when the AnyConnect client cannot connect, but in this scenario it will connect but get an error message.

Any input appreciated.

Cheers,

Andrew

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

bravotom99
Level 1
Level 1

Unfortunately I think the answer is no unless it has changed in recent versions.  I have been asking this of Cisco for over a year now.  We have the same problem...when anyconnect hits a gateway but it cannot connect due to any number of reasons, no IP's left in local IP pool, no licenses, DAP failure, etc, it never tries the next gateways in the list.  It's ONLY when the gateway is completely unavailable that it will continue to the backup list.  Hopefully more people chime in so Cisco can finally fix that.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

bravotom99
Level 1
Level 1

Unfortunately I think the answer is no unless it has changed in recent versions.  I have been asking this of Cisco for over a year now.  We have the same problem...when anyconnect hits a gateway but it cannot connect due to any number of reasons, no IP's left in local IP pool, no licenses, DAP failure, etc, it never tries the next gateways in the list.  It's ONLY when the gateway is completely unavailable that it will continue to the backup list.  Hopefully more people chime in so Cisco can finally fix that.