cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyconnect blocking Windows login script on Win 7 pc's

cweatherford
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone noticed or know how to fix Anyconnect so it will not block Windows AD login scripts from running? We have only seen this on Windows 7 machines.

This is using the latest version of anyconnect. The version we used before stopped allowing access to our wireless and the new version blocks login scripts.

TIA!                  

5 Replies 5

Struggling with this here.  Do you ever get this resolved?

The issue was sporadic until we upgraded Desktop Authority (ScriptLogic) which added x64 support. At first we had to create shortcut on the desktop that ran the script manually. I guess you could put it in your startup.The BAT file looks like this:

\\'DOMAIN CONTROLLER'\netlogon\'SCRIPT NAME'.bat

Hmmm...

my experience with it is also sporadic, although I notice that early in the morning, like now, when the network is quiet, the login script runs just fine... but later in the day once everyone gets here and the network gets loaded up, it seems like the AnyConnect delay is more pronounced, and this causes the attempt to fire the \\DOMAIN\netlogon\CompiledKixScript.exe script to "miss" (for lack of a better word).

I can't find anything in Active Directory that would allow me to insert a pause or delay before having a workstation try to run a logon script.  Since we also have remote users VPN in first, before actually logging into their remote PCs, not sure the OnConnect script option would be better (the great irony there is that most of the remote machines are Windows XP and on Windows XP, the logon script runs fine no matter what time of day). 

This issue only manifests itself on our Windows 7 32 bit machines.  May have to get with our infrastructure lead to get an official ticket started with Cisco, since these message boards are slim pickin's as far as any clue on this one is concerned.

has anyone got this working at all, anyconnect 4.3, NAM, ISE posture, doesnt matter what OS login script does not run.

The same situation, we are deploying anyconnect and we are surprised by this part,domain log on script not run and wireless authentications takes a lot and goes randomly 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: