cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect client in 'kiosk' type system, howto automatically start VPN tunnel

wpn
Level 1
Level 1

How can you pass name and password to the client for automatic VPN logon? We have a kiosk type system, so the user has no access to Windows or the AnyConnect client. When the system is switched on our software should be able to start the AnyConnect VPN tunnel. With the old VPN Client software that was possible. I know you can do it with the commandline but then you need to put the non-encrypted password into a text file which is passed to the commandline as redirected input, that's not very safe.

4 Replies 4

Vishnu Sharma
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You can make it to work if you use SBL and certificates. The SBL (Start Before Logon) will launch the Anyconnect client as soon as the OS loads itself and will connect if certificate based authentication is used because in case of certificates no human intervention is used. 

Let me know if this answers your question.

Vishnu

We have a certificate, so we can try that. Is it described somewhere?

Hi,

I forgot to add here that this is going to work only with Win XP but not with the Win 7. This is because when you use SBL with Win 7, it still asks you for human intervention (user need to press Alt+Cntrl+Delete). This is because of the PLAP architecture of Win 7 and the XP used VPN GINA.

When using VPNGINA (XP), no manual intervention was used.

Vishnu

Any other idea??????