Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyconnect client software download

mahesh18
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Everyone,

I am asked to download the any connect software to ASA 5520.

Soon we are upgrading to anyconnect vpn client.

We have windows 7 users PC which will be using the anyconnect VPN.

From cisco download website i download these software for windows

anyconnect-EnableFIPS-win-3.1.05152 ----exe file.

need to confirm if this is right anyconnect software?

Also website has

anyconnect-EnableFIPS-win-3.1.05152.mst

whats difference between these 2?

will any work with windows 7 pc?

Regards

MAhesh

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Poonam Garg
Level 3
Level 3

Mahesh,

You have to download anyconnect-win-3.1.05152-k9.pkg file package for ASA deployment from the cisco website. It will work fine with windows  7 PC.

View solution in original post

laramire2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Mahesh,

Basically, for Windows installations, you can apply the MST file that Cisco provide to the standard MSI installation file to enable FIPS in the AnyConnect Local Policy. The MST only enables FIPS and does not change other parameters. The installation generates an AnyConnect Local Policy file with FIPS enabled. The FIPS 140-2 standard applies to all federal agencies that use cryptographic-based security systems to protect sensitive information in computer and telecommunication systems. The FIPS feature is licensed for the security appliance on a per-model basis.

Reference link:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect31/administration/guide/anyconnectadmin31/ac09localpolicy.html

If you do not need FIPS enable you might want to download the following images:

anyconnect-win-3.1.05152-k9.pkg > package to upload into the ASA.

or

Standalone client from the .iso anyconnect image:

anyconnect-win-3.1.05152-pre-deploy-k9.iso

I hope this clear your questions.

Luis.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Poonam Garg
Level 3
Level 3

Mahesh,

You have to download anyconnect-win-3.1.05152-k9.pkg file package for ASA deployment from the cisco website. It will work fine with windows  7 PC.

Hi Poonam,

Seems this software was way down the list.

I downloaded this now.

Regards

Mahesh

laramire2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Mahesh,

Basically, for Windows installations, you can apply the MST file that Cisco provide to the standard MSI installation file to enable FIPS in the AnyConnect Local Policy. The MST only enables FIPS and does not change other parameters. The installation generates an AnyConnect Local Policy file with FIPS enabled. The FIPS 140-2 standard applies to all federal agencies that use cryptographic-based security systems to protect sensitive information in computer and telecommunication systems. The FIPS feature is licensed for the security appliance on a per-model basis.

Reference link:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect31/administration/guide/anyconnectadmin31/ac09localpolicy.html

If you do not need FIPS enable you might want to download the following images:

anyconnect-win-3.1.05152-k9.pkg > package to upload into the ASA.

or

Standalone client from the .iso anyconnect image:

anyconnect-win-3.1.05152-pre-deploy-k9.iso

I hope this clear your questions.

Luis.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: