Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect connection issues after ASA 9.2(2)4 upgrade

cbabyakaconex
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Curious to know if anyone else is having issues after upgrading to ASA 9.2(2)4 and the AnyConnect client.

We have a ASA-5512-X unit setup that initially ran 9.1(5) of the ASA software and AnyConnect v3.1.0582 for Windows - all fine and working as expected.  After upgrading to ASA 9.2(2)4 on account of the latest security advisories, I've started to see connection issues with the ASA clients.

While the AnyConnect client connects, receives it's address assignment, and can seemingly communicate with its tunneled networks, we are seeing intermittent connectivity issues.  For example, making a SSH connection to a remote host over the VPN will initially connect but then stop after about 30 seconds with a SYN timeout shown in the ASA logs.  HTTP connections to remote hosts over the VPN also stop after making an initial connection and show a SYN timeout.  The rest of the logs appear fine - the connection is built and seemingly works but then drops.  The VPN connection via AnyConnect stays connected the entire time.

Checks of the configuration show nothing out of place and if we connect with a third party (though I know unsupported) client such as "shrewsoft" with the same connection profile, same user, the connection works fine. I've upgraded to the latest AnyConnect release v3.1.0587 but this exhibits the same behavior. 

Is anyone else experiencing any issues with AnyConnect after upgrading past the 9.1(5) release?

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It's working OK for me with the following versions:

ASA# show ver | i bin
System image file is "disk0:/asa922-4-smp-k8.bin"
ASA# sh run | i pkg
 anyconnect image disk0:/anyconnect-win-3.1.05182-k9.pkg 2
 anyconnect image disk0:/anyconnect-macosx-i386-3.1.05187-k9.pkg 3
 anyconnect image disk0:/anyconnect-linux-64-3.1.05182-k9.pkg 4
ASA#