cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect denies login (will not recognize Avast 2014 anti-virus software)

dougjones1
Level 1
Level 1

My company uses Cisco VPN AnyConnect with the option that requires anti-virus.  Previously I was able to log in without any issues.  Now that my Avast anti-virus software has updated to the 2014 version, I am no longer able to log in to the company network.  Our IT department said the issue is with the Cisco list of authorized anti-virus agents.  When will the list be updated to include the latest 2014 AV products?  Thanks.  -doug

9 Replies 9

Marcin Latosiewicz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Doug,

At a glance (you didn't give much informaiton to work with ;]) , you might be running an old version of hostscan package.

Maybe it's time for un upgrade?

If you're already running latest, open up a TAC case, it could be something not up to date in one of the dependencies.

M.

Marcin,

Thanks for the reply.  Here's a little more information: I'm using Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client version 3.1.01065.  The client usually checks for updates each time I log in.

Thanks,

Doug

Doug,

It looks like either NAC or HS + DAP.

For HS you can find supported AV/FW etc. here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/ps6742/products_device_support_tables_list.html

I don't see Avast 2014 there, but it might be under a different alias.

Punt this up to our TAC they'll provide you with opswat package to run to determine the problem/versions.

M.

Marcin,

I tried the link, but evidently I don't have permission to view the file.  I'm presented with a login page and after I log in, I'm informed that it is a "Forbidden File or Application."  Can you please submit a TAC request on my behalf?

Thanks,

Doug

Doug,

I cannot. You need a valid contract/serial number to submit it. Typically the headend admins would have that info and can do it for you.

M.

Doug,

A public version of the list can be found at

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10884/products_device_support_tables_list.html

I too am having the same issue with the 2014 Pro Antivirus (aka version 9).  You will see from the document that the latest version supported is 8.x

I am a frustrated end user and not an admin and thus not familiar with the support processes.  I was able to work around this issue by installing MS Security Essentials (free download) and run this along with Avast 9.  Not an ideal solution by any means, but it works until Cisco updates the list.  2014 has been available for several months now and I'm surprised this has not been corrected by now.

Adam

Thanks, Adam.  I'll try the MS Security Essentials until the update.  I agree, Cisco should be a little more pro-active in supporting the new AV versions.

-Doug

All I can say I "Amen!" to this.

Believe we me last thing we want to deal with is discussing particular AV/FW is not yet supported :-)

However current packaging schema depends on third parties - they provide the update, we put into hostscan, run tests and provide it only after it has been tested.

In a parallel universe, a hostscan downloading updates (definitions) from Internet as soon as they show up (like any AV) could be a solution.

On the other hand we're heading for tighter integration of NAC and AC. AC 3.2 was/is set to have NAC integrated in, upcoming ASA will also support CoA.

Since my last posting, I see that Avast Pro Antivirus 9 is now supported - not sure if this is coincidental or a result of this thread (if so, thanks Marcin!).

I just upgraded to the 2014 version of Avast Internet Security (version 9.0) - while in the same family of software updates from Avast, this version is not recognized by AnyConnect.  It seems that version 8.* is the latest supported version of AIS.  If anyone from Cisco sees this, could you please update support to include the current version of AIS?

Thanks!

Adam