Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Anyconnect -> Using 3 different boxes for 3 different regions

Hello friends

Scenario :

1. 3 boxes supporting Anyconnect in 3 different location and each acting as backup for the others.

2. The Anyconnect profile as advised is used same for all three. (with change in backup server)

3. Group policy also remains same, except the address pool assignment for each region being different.

Connection :

1. Since it is the same xml profile on all machines in different regions, in the drop down. All the 3 Anyconnect boxes are listed.

2. I should be able to connect any of them depending on user preference, and if the primary fails. backup takes over.

Doubts :

1. Since I have used the same name for anyonnect xml profile file on all the 3, though they are different in Backup Server list. Will it cause any issue?

2. Do I need to name each region seperately and have 3 different anyconnect xml profile files on machines.

3. Later on we will be enabling "Always on", is this setup feasible with it?

My concern, is it possible with single xml profile file. or do we need 3 seperate profile files? The only difference being Backupserver list in all the 3.

Any help will be appreciated.

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Anyconnect -> Using 3 different boxes for 3 different regions

What I would suggest is looking into OGS (client will connect to server which has best latency from where he/she is sitting) , and yes it should work with Always ON - but you need a farly new version. At least that's my recollection - feel free to verify me ;-)

Views
Helpful
Replies