cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

anyconnect interfering with cisco vpn phone?

scott.hammond
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 7962 sitting at home on VPN and it works flawlessly, that is until I fire up anyconnect on my macbook. As soon as anyconnect is launched the phone resets and disconnects and reconnects and spirals into a loop of completely useless.

If I disconnect anyconnect on the laptop the phone will eventually stablize.

I have swapped out my home router, my home switch, I have swapped out anyconnect versions, I have swapped out my macbook!

Just replaced the phone with a 7945 crossing my fingers and it didnt help. Same problem.

Does anyone have any random thoughts that might start me down the path to a fix for this?

3 Replies 3

scott.hammond
Level 1
Level 1

I should note it seems 100% worse when time machine is backing up the macbook. If I shut down time machine it makes the phone useable but I still have to contend with resets.

Possible you're just using up a ton of bandwidth so the phone un-registers?  Might be worth getting some packet captures to see what actually happens when you connect to the VPN on your laptop.

yeah I considered that as well. So I shut down every single application on the laptop, to include time machine. Verified the phone was up and stable for over an hour, then logged into anyconnect with no extraneous apps running.

Boom, phone disconnects.

Its as if there is some port overlap....or possibly that the ASA isnt dealing with both connections sourcing from the same connection....

Now there's a thought- both are hitting vpna ...let me leave the phone on vpna and point my anyconnect to vpnb and see if I get the same results!

Thanks for kicking me in the head, getting the brainstorming going.

Stay tuned!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: