cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyconnect manual install

Robin Swan
Level 1
Level 1

Which Anyconnect Package do I use to install on Surface Pro 8.1.  I don't have the time right now to migrate my ASA's to 9.x and am stuck on 8.2 right now.  If I can't use a manual install method for the Anyconnect client, can I load the install package on a 5520 with 8.2?

Thank you

7 Replies 7

Poonam Garg
Level 3
Level 3

Refer the link:

http://hacksawduggan.blogspot.in/2013/06/surface-pro-network-access-manager.html.

Yes you can load the install package on ASA using the follwing commands:

1. Identifies a file on flash as an SSL VPN client package file.

hostname(config-webvpn)# svc image anyconnect-win-3.1.04059-pre-deploy-k9.pkg 1

Thank you for the response Poonam,

The only software I see on the site for a "pre-deploy" is for an iso.  All of the clients on our ASA are pkg.

Also, can I push the package to the ASA during production without interfering with those who are using the ACL's and Static Maps?  Also, will all of the existing VPN users need to uninstall and upgrade their AnyConnect Clients to continue to work?

That is why I would like to start with a stand alone client if it's possible.  If it is, which install pkg goes on the tablet?

Thank you

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The AnyConnect pre-deploy packages have to be either installed manually or distributed via a software management tool (like SCCM, group policy object, LANdesk, etc.). You are correct they are an ISO file which, when unpacked, contains the msi and exe files for the various AnyConnect components (including the VPN client).

The pre-deploy builds cannot be deployed from the ASA - otherwise they wouldn't be "pre". :)

On the ASA, the current "non-pre-deploy" package for Windows clients would be "anyconnect-win-3.1.05160-k9.pkg", found here

Thank you Marvin,

So I can unpack the ISO and manually install it on the Surface?

Also, until I can find the time to upgrade the ASA software, can I apply the pkg in a production environment?  Even if I can, will it mess up the existing clients that are using 2.4?

You're welcome.

Yes, you can unpack the ISO and install - I use 7-zip (free) and it works very well for unpacking ISO files.

If you deploy the pkg file onto your ASA (without some manipulation of the client checking logic) it would have the effect of downloading the new software to your older clients as they establish new connections.

Is there a Cisco VPN Client for a Windows Surface Pro with an Android OS?

I'm not sure what you mean by "Surface Pro with an Android OS". The Microsoft Surface Pro runs Windows 8, so the AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client (VPN Module) Windows distribution is the correct Cisco product for SSL VPN (full tunnel client-based) or IPsec (IKEv2) VPN.

The legacy Cisco VPN Client software (for IPsec IKEv1 VPN) is end of sales and end of engineering and does not support Windows 8 clients. People trying to make it work have reported mixed results and in any event it is not supported.

There is a Cisco AnyConnect client for Android OS. It's distributed via the Google Play Android marketplace here. It, along with the Apple iOS version, requires you have the AnyConnect for Mobile license on your ASA in order for mobile users to connect.