Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyconnect mobility client + SecurID software token + SBL = 'login failed'

Todd Anderson
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are using the Cisco AnyConnect Secure mobility client 3.0.1047 with our ASA 5510's.  Under Windows 7 we have SBL enabled using SecurID software tokens.  When prompted to enter our PIN we receive 'login failed' every time.  If I login without using SBL and then pull up the client to log in via VPN it works fine.  I'm not sure why this is happening.  We tested SBL with hardware tokens and it works fine, but we have ony a few users with hardware tokens and cannot use this as a preferred method.

Has anyone else experienced this?

2 Replies 2

Joe Duea
Level 1
Level 1

Just wondering if you ever got a resolution for this issue?  We are seeing the same issue and I am trying to figure out how to fix it.

Thanks,

Joe

Hi Joe,

The RSA Software Token software had to be configured to use single database mode. This is not the default setting and it is required in order to access software tokens prior to login.  After we fixed that it worked.  You can find the command line options for this in the RSA SecurID Software Token 4.1 Administrator's guide.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: