Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyconnect SSL VPN Error

patricia20
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to connect to Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client using Vista 64-bit. After authentication, the software downloads and installs. When establishing a VPN connection, a message pops up that says, "The VPN client driver has encountered an error". What would be the possible reason for this?

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Not applicable

Is it even supported for Vista 64 bit?

I believe so as we were able to connect other Vista 64bit users without any issues. Also, I think Anyconnect is Cisco's solution for Vista 64 bit, right? As their VPN client does not support this. Please correct me if my understanding is wrong.

Thanks!

goldbergj
Level 1
Level 1

I've been struggling with this issue for a week, its just my Vista 32bit Business SP1 that couldnt connect. I "fixed" it but its something that you may have to do each time. Open the network connections and then the any connect client. Begin the SSL connection and as that is trying to establish, right click and click enable on the Anyconnect vpn driver. That seemed to fix it for me! Good luck and hopefully MSFT will release a fix of some sort for Vista on this issue.

Thanks,

JG

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: