Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Anyconnect version 2.5 to 4.3 update

Hi, I have a question about the installation/use of Cisco Anyconnect.  My client has a ASA 5505 and the support contract with Cisco expired April of 2016.  Recently, on some of the windows 10 machines in the office, the Anyconnect VPN client (version 2.5) has stopped working.  I've confirmed that using the version 4.3 version of Anyconnect works on a Windows 10 machine so my question is, can I install the updated version which was downloaded from a public Networking Support forum on the client's machines without a support contract? 

5 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

No. That would be a violation

No. That would be a violation of the license terms and conditions.

As noted on the official AnyConnect download page:

AnyConnect 4.5 is available to customers with active AnyConnect Apex, Plus or VPN Only term/contracts. See the AnyConnect Ordering Guide for options. 

(That applies to all 4.x releases.)

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=286281283&flowid=72322&softwareid=282364313

Thanks for the response!

Thanks for the response!

Is there an alternative to AnyConnect they would be able to use?

All you need for AnyConnect

All you need for AnyConnect is the relatively inexpensive license. Minimum purchase is 25 licenses but the 1 year term is only (list price) US$150 ($6 per user per year) for AnyConnect Plus term licenses.

You don't need to renew ASA support to get AnyConnect support.

Thanks again Marvin.

Thanks again Marvin.  Apologies for the seemingly basic questions, I've not dealt with Cisco prior to this.  Will I need to go through a distributor to purchase? 

Yes - most authorized

Yes - most authorized distributors should be able to fulfill such an order.

We don't recommend vendors here, but a simple search for "cisco anyconnect plus license price" will give you several options.

When you purchase, you should receive a Product Activation Key via eDelivery. You use that at the software.cisco.com self-service licensing portal (classic licenses section) to get an activation-key that you apply to the customer ASA. That licenses the product for use there.

I recommend speaking to a sales rep to make sure they add your (or your customer's) cisco.com userid to entitlement for downloads of AnyConnect. Once you get that, you can download the current releases (pkg files) from cisco.com and install them on the ASA.

Distributions are available for Windows, OS X and Linux. Once the latest packages are uploaded onto the ASA and set as the images, subsequent connections will be prompted to upgrade.

You also have the option of downloading an offline installer (msi files) to install as a local admin on the PC or via a tool like Microsoft SCCM or AD Group Policy.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content