cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect VPN Client : Issues on MAC OS X 1.8.4

kumarjayanti
Level 1
Level 1

My company has deployed the CISCO VPN.  I am using Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client (Version 3.1.03103) on my  MAC OS X 10.8.4 (Mountain Lion).   The problem i am seeing is the following :

1. When i am on my Office LAN and i try to establish the VPN Connection using the client  the connection is established fine.

2. When i use my Office Wifi system and try to establish the VPN Connection using the client   the connection is again established fine.

3. At home i have a Reliance NetConnect Wireless  USB Modem and when i try to establish a VPN connection it fails to establish the connection. 

Here is what happens :

1. Asks for username and password

2. Asks me to accept the Banner with message containing Acceptable Use Policy etc.

3. Establishing VPN - Initiating Connection

4. Examining system

5.  And then it starts Disconnecting and shows the following Message :

--------

The VPN client was unable to successfully verify the IP forwarding table modifications. A VPN connection will not be established

--------

A few months back when my MAC had Snow Leopard and i had a previous version of the  Cisco Anyconnect VPN client things were working fine and the VPN client was able to establish the connection even from my Home Network.  Recently i updated the OS on my MAC to Mountain Lion and that is when the old  VPN client stopped working (it always said connection timedout verify internet connectivity). Then i installed the latest version certified  by my company website (Version 3.1.03103) and now i get into the above trouble.

Appreciate any help in this regard.

TIA

5 Replies 5

Marcin Latosiewicz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

since it works on everything except that modem, it could be a problem with PPP extension in your anyconnect profile.

A lot of admins will disable PPP exclusions, while it's better to leave it at "automatic" most of the time.

Hi Marcin,

Thanks so much for your reply. 

Can you tell me if this is a problem that i can correct on my machine (in my anyconnect profile) or is it something that i have to ask an admin in my company to tweak on the server ?.

Thanks.

Kumar,

IF this is the problem it should be addressed on headend side, since profile will be pushed with every connection.

M.

Thanks.

panz11101
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

When i am trying to establish VPN connection using Cisco anyconnect on iMac Mountain Lion, i am getting an error stating

VPN client could not successfully verfy IP forwarding table modifications..VPN connection could not be establishe..

Kindly suggest how to resolve

i tried out various solution like,

reinstalling OS

reinstalling cisco anyconnect

enabling ip forwarding on mac

checked out the dart logs and submitted to network team

none of them helped me to find out the solution

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: