Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect VPN Client

heinzel0302
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

can anybody tell me if the Anyconnect Client is supporting IPSec VPNs? As I understand it Anyconnect is a SSL-Only client.

If this is correct I probably need a number of SSL Licenses on my ASA box?

It would be great if somebody could clarify on this. My ASA 5510 supports 250 IPSec VPNs but only 2 SSL-VPNs. So am I right if I say I also need SSL Licenses on that box according to the Usercount I would like to support. >> 100 Users = 100 SSL Licenses needed?

Questions over questions. Would be great to get feedback.

Thx...Andy

1 Reply 1

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You are absolutely correct. AnyConnect VPN client is only for SSL VPN. For IPSec, you would need to install Cisco IPSec VPN Client.

You are also correct with the licensing. SSL comes with default 2 SSL Premium VPN license, and if you require more concurrent SSL connections, you would need to purchase extra license.

There are 2 types of SSL VPN license:

1)  AnyConnect Essential license - allowing SSL connections to the maximum supported by the ASA model you have. This license only supports AnyConnect VPN client connection. Once you install this AnyConnect Essential license, it will turn off the default 2 SSL Premium license.

2) AnyConnect/SSL Premium license - this is SSL user base license. This license supports the whole suite of SSL connection, ie: Clientless SSL (WebVPN), AnyConnect VPN and advance feature of SSL (CSD, Host Scan, etc).

Hope that helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: