Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyconnect/Webvpn different ip

dennesmeeusen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have an ASA5510 with the Anyconnect Essentials license. I'm in the process of setting up Anyconnect and immediately run into a question. We have a /29 subnet setup and AFAIK i must use the outside interface address for Anyconnect. However i already have an https service PAT forward on this address. So, can i setup Anyconnect to listen on eg. the second ip in my public subnet?

Thanks,

Dennes

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Marcin Latosiewicz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In short, no.

But you can use "port" command under webvpn to listen on another port than 443.

View solution in original post

You have to use the outside IP address for the WebVPN and anyconnect VPN. However, if you are using port 443 for another pat you can specify the webvpn to use something like 8443 instead for the webvpn using the same outside IP address for both connections. Here is an example of how to change the webvpn port.

config t

webvpn

enable outside

port 8443

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Marcin Latosiewicz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In short, no.

But you can use "port" command under webvpn to listen on another port than 443.

You have to use the outside IP address for the WebVPN and anyconnect VPN. However, if you are using port 443 for another pat you can specify the webvpn to use something like 8443 instead for the webvpn using the same outside IP address for both connections. Here is an example of how to change the webvpn port.

config t

webvpn

enable outside

port 8443

If your users connect with a FQDN to your HTTP-server, the better solution would be to change the FQDN in DNS to the second IP and reconfigure your ASA for that. Then you can use the interface-IP with port 443 for VPN.

Thanks guys!

I think i'll just change the DNS record to point to another ip in the subnet for my Exchange/Activesync HTTPS, just as Karsten pointed out.

Dennes