Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Anyconnect with Certificate only?

I found a doc on how to setup anyconnect using a certificate for authentication. I got it working but then realize if the portal is active its using that cert for connection and authentication. That's not secure at all. How do i make is use one for portal and another for authentication?

Thanks,

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Use the SSL trustpoint to assign a web server certificate to your outside interface.  If you want to authenticate with a different certificate, simply import that CAcertificate to the ASA, and make the CA issue the client a certificate.  This way you are using 2 certificates - one for the SSL portion, and another for the client authentication portion.

HTH

--Jason

Can you explain how to do this. I have two different certs and would like one for portal and a seperate one for authentication only. If i go to Remote access vpn --> Anyconnect Connection Profiles --> select the profile then "Edit" i can select  AAA,LOCAL OR Certificate but dont have the option to select a specific cert. Can you give me the path to make the change to use a seperate Cert?

Hello, could you point me to the document you found for X509 authentcation ?

I am ery interested in it,

thank you

Views
Helpful
Replies