cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyone know of a way to block downloading of Anyconnect Profile from ASA?

scott.pendleton
Level 1
Level 1

I am a consultant and I connect to dozens of different ASAs. One of my customers created an anyconnect profile that downloads to my client when I connect to their ASA. The problem is that causes problems with some of my other connections I have to use. To purge I have to uninstall the Client, purge the AppData\Local\Cisco\Annyconnect... folder and then re-install. Anyone know of a way to block it, or an easier way to purge it from my client configuration?  I've tried creating a profile.xml with the profile editor, but that really kind of merges rather than purges.

**Mark all helpful posts and solutions**
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

A specific VPN profile will be installed (on Windows 7) in the hidden directory C:\ProgramData\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\Profile. 

The one showing up as default will copy itself into preferences.xml at C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client.

If you get rid of the latter, it should result in offending site's settings from affecting you adversely. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

rvarelac
Level 7
Level 7

Hi scott.pendleton, 

Not really , Every client must accomplish with the policy on the ASA in order to connect properly.

If the AnyConnect version on the ASA is a later version than the one you use , it will do the upgrade automatically. 

Also the server can use webdeploy configuration , so you can download the AnyConnect version via webvpn.

Hope this helps.

You misunderstood. I'm not talking about a VPN policy. I'm talking about a profile that it downloads to my client that contains information like a list of VPN Servers, logon preferences, etc. It stays resident after you disconnect. Its basically like stuff from the old .vcf file for the IPSec VPN Client. But there is some setting that is in their profile that prevents me from connecting to another customer. If I can't block it, I need a better way to purge it.

**Mark all helpful posts and solutions**

You can delete the  preferences.xml profile  and global .xml and give a try , they are in AppData\Local\Cisco\Annyconnect folder.

If did work you can try to reboot your Laptop, and see if the previous config has been cleared.

-- Hope this helps -- 

A specific VPN profile will be installed (on Windows 7) in the hidden directory C:\ProgramData\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\Profile. 

The one showing up as default will copy itself into preferences.xml at C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client.

If you get rid of the latter, it should result in offending site's settings from affecting you adversely. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: