cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5505 to RSV4000 VPN HELP

mattknows
Level 1
Level 1

I have recently switched from IPCop firewalls along with their built in VPN services, to a Cisco ASA 5505 at the office and a Cisco RSV4000 at my home. I am having a terrible time getting the new devices to create an end to end VPN like used to have.  The RSV4000 has a log entry of needing "peer ip address to establish a connection" (paraphrasing, it is at home and I am at work), and th settings in the ASA 5505 are not what I'm used to, one of which being the lack of the feature of being able to get my home networks dynamic IP updated with DynDNS.  I've learned that is not a feature in the ASA 5505 (?WHY?).  The settings dialogs are no where near as simplified as the IPCop's VPN setup. I had to change to the ASA 5505 as we switched ISP's at work and the ASA is what they install. I've been trying to get help from them, but so far no luck. Is there a tutorial (I haven't found one online yet that matches my situation) online? Or can someone help me? I don't know what information to provide first, so thats a starting point I guess.  As far as I can tell it should be up, but it's not, and I don't know what to do next.  Been working on it for 3 days.

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Matt Lang
Level 1
Level 1

Matt,

Since you have a dynamic address at your home, can you configure the RSV4000 as an Easy VPN Client running in Network Extension Mode?  I'm not familiar with the RSV4000, so I'm not sure what settings can be configured on it.

Matt

I see no option for that in the RSV4000...