Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ASA 5505 VPN lan to lan with dual ISP's

We are looking at using an ASA 5505 with the security plus bundle to support redundant ISP links.

My question is how will a VPN lan to lan connection work back to the corporate office (VPN Con 3000) with the ASA 5505 possibly using 2 different Public IP if a failover were to happen.?

Is this even possible with the ASA 5505?

2 REPLIES

Re: ASA 5505 VPN lan to lan with dual ISP's

Hi!

A've exactly the same question - is it possible to use ASA 5505 with two ISP? Routes would be with different metrics, of cause.

Re: ASA 5505 VPN lan to lan with dual ISP's

I never got any answers anywhere to this question. But, from doing research and just guessing, It should be doable.

I am going to have two ISP's connected to the ASA 5505 and then for the VPN Site to Site I will just set two peer addresses(both possible public IP's for both ISPs) in the concentrator.

Then if the ASA 5505 loses an ISP and the other becomes active, the tunnel will drop, and the Concentrator will select the next peer address and the tunnel will reestablish (all in theory) but thats what i'm gonna try when we get our 5505.

Views
Helpful
Replies