cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA-5506 frequently doesn't authenticate user VPNs proberly until a reboot

baskervi
Level 1
Level 1

We recently updated a Cisco 5505 that never gave us a problem. We've had continuous problems with the new ASA 5506 running 9.6(1) regarding user AnyConnection authetication. This will work for one to several days, and then authentication fails, often times until a reboot. Sometimes, it will start authenticating properly if I get tied up and don't get the firewall rebooted quickly enough. I'm using LDAP authentication. The crazy thing is that when I turn on debugging, everything appears to be successful on the ASA and server. Has anyone else run across this? Thanks

4 Replies 4

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi there. I am running RA-VPN on a 5506-X running 9.6(1) and I am not having any issues. The only difference here is that I am having the authentications going through ISE which in turn checks with AD.

Quick question: What version of AnyConnect are you using?

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

We're running 3.1.14018. We had been running 3.1.13015, and I had hoped the update would fix the problem, but it didn't. Thanks for your response.

Hmm, I am using AnyConnect 4.3. Is there a way for you to download and try that version and see if the issue goes away?

If not perhaps you will have to reach out to TAC and have them troubleshoot this further. I looked through the bug search tool and did not find anything that matched the situation that you are describing. 

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

I need to figure out licensing for AnyConnect. It appears I don't have access to anything above 3.1. Everything else says I need additional entitlement. Thanks, though. I'm about to call TAC on another problem, but the reseller didn't get support setup properly under my cco id. Working through that now.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: