Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ASA 5510 Dual WAN / VPN

Hello. Is it possible on an ASA5520 to utilize X2 WAN links to the internet, both T1 lines with different ISP?s; one for SMTP and one for VPN. Both interfaces are NAT?d and have connectivity. E0 is primary and has default route with a metric of 1 and E1 has a default route with a metric of 5. E0 is SMTP and E1 is for IPSEC. If I change the route metrics around the VPN works great, however the lower metric route has to be E0.

Is there some way to accomplish what I want to? As a work around I used a 506E for the SMTP but I?d rather use a single ASA. I suspect that this is a routing issue but I?m not sure if it?s possible to define routes on VPN tunnels on the same device.

Sincerely

4 REPLIES

Re: ASA 5510 Dual WAN / VPN

What if you add a specific route to the ip address of the remote VPN peer to be routed to the same address as the default route of the E1 interface.

I tried that, but it didn't make any diff. I think the issue is when Phase 1 takes place it's routing out the default oute.

hi all,

i am also having the same scanrio,

is anybody got solution for this ?

thanks

cyril

Cisco Employee

Hi,

Unfortunately, such load balancing isn't possible on the ASA. At any point of time, we can have ony one default route active on it.

Cheers,

Prapanch

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content