Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ASA 5510 question: ASA-713903 IP = x.x.x.x, Header invalid, missing SA payload! (next payload = 4)

my ASA 5510 works fine, all tunnels I built are fine. The x.x.x.x is not in my peer and I don't know who it is. When I check from real-time log viewer, it doesn't show source/destination IP/port, it keeps generating every 2~3 seconds and fills my log. what can I do to eliminate it? many thanks.

1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Silver

ASA 5510 question: ASA-713903 IP = x.x.x.x, Header invalid, miss

I've seen similar issues in the past with a former business partner still having our firewall configured as a VPN peer. My configs were long since cleaned up but theirs were not. I tracked down the company via whois (the VPN pre-dated my employment) but it was a big company that had been acquired by another big comapny and no one listed in ARIN responded to repeated e-mails.

I neded up blacklisting the source IP on my ISP-connected router and that made my firewall happier.

Hope this helps.

Views
Helpful
Replies