Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5510 Web VPN Certificate Question

jcleary
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a 5510 that I?m using as my firewall/VPN Device. I want to allow access to SharePoint 2007 through Web VPN for some investors that we have. When I connect to the device it works great. i connect to it using my public IP say 1.1.1.1. But i get a certificate error using IE7. i want to avoid this so i would like to purchase a cert from VeriSign, the one that turns the IE address bar Green, i also want to set up a host record with my DNS provider pointing to the firewall. The question is, how do i do this on the ASA? and when i set up the cert with VeriSign do I use the DNS hostname i.e. vpn.domain.com? or do I have to use the IP and is there anywhere on the ASA that i have to tell it that it is vpn.domain.com?

Sorry about the question but i don?t really know certificates..

Thx,

3 Replies 3

jcleary
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone?

litouch
Level 1
Level 1

You have to have a domain name in the CSR to apply for the certificate, then you access this domain name to connect to the sslvpn server.

In dns record, domain name points to the real IP.

Ed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: