I am having some issue on my ASA 5510 which I just configured. I have created inside users,DMZ(for my 3 servers:ISA,Exchange and WEB Client Sage)and outside interfaces. I have a router facing the internet.
Here is what I want to achieve:
1. inside user to access the servers in the dmz and vice versa.
2. inside user MUST go to the internet via ISA which is in the DMZ.
3. The servers in the DMZ have both public and private addresses but I want to do a 2 layer nat: one on the ASA and the other on the router facing the internet.
4. I want all the 3 servers to go to the internet with their respective public addresses.
5. I want users on the internet to access the servers in the DMZ only.
Someone should please help me out with the commands to achieve each task(Please I want a tested commands).
Thanks for your reply, one of the reason for bringing the ASA is to secure those 3 servers since they are being accessed from outside. The alternative I have is to put a 2nd leg on the ISA which will connect to the inside switch.
As per your question: I want traffice coming from the inside to go to isa in the dmz and go out to the internet.
If you have any other design, please kindly let me know,thanks once again.
Table of ContentsIntroductionVersion HistoryPossible Future
UpdatesDocuments PurposeNAT Operation in ASA 8.3+ SectionsRule Types
Network Object NATTwice NAT / Manual NATRule Types used per SectionNAT
Types used with Twice NAT / Manual NAT and Network Obje...
Table of Contents Introduction:This document describes details on how
NAT-T works. Background: ESP encrypts all critical information,
encapsulating the entire inner TCP/UDP datagram within an ESP header.
ESP is an IP protocol in the same sense that TCP an...