cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 8.4(1) AnyConnect Premium user upgrade licensing

chadreynolds
Level 1
Level 1

Prior to version 8.4(1) Cisco called their licensing name for SSL/VPN users AnyConnect Premium SSL VPN and currently the new name of the licensing is simply AnyConnect Premium.  Also, the IOS display name for the amount of SSL/VPN users enabled via your licensing (ex. 2, 10, 25, 50, ...) by running a 'show activation-key' was changed from SSL VPN Peers to AnyConnect Premium Peers.

With that said, my question is if the license for upgrading 10 users to 25 users (L-ASA-SSL-10-25= -

ASA 5500 SSL VPN 10 to 25 Premium User Upgrade License) on an ASA prior to 8.4(1) and an ASA with 8.4(1) is still valid and the correct part number to peform these upgrades for both ASAs.  The description of this part number is throwing me off because it says SSL VPN to Premium User, which was the name prior to 8.4(1).  I could not locate any documentation regarding this part number or upgrading 10 users to 25 users for both ASAs.

Can someone verify that this part number is perfectly okay to do these upgrades?  I appreciate any help or guidance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cisco's "L-ASA-SSL-10-25" is indeed the correct part number to use for upgrading an ASA with 8.4(1) from a 10 user to a 25 user AnyConnect Premium license.

I agree it would be more self-explanatory if they simply called it an "AnyConnect Premium" license instead of SSL VPN. That makes it much more confusing since both AnyConnect Essentials and Premium support client-based SSL VPN. Browser-based (clientless) is one feature you get with Anyconnect Premium

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cisco's "L-ASA-SSL-10-25" is indeed the correct part number to use for upgrading an ASA with 8.4(1) from a 10 user to a 25 user AnyConnect Premium license.

I agree it would be more self-explanatory if they simply called it an "AnyConnect Premium" license instead of SSL VPN. That makes it much more confusing since both AnyConnect Essentials and Premium support client-based SSL VPN. Browser-based (clientless) is one feature you get with Anyconnect Premium

Thank you Marvin.

Would you happen to know if this is the correct part number for versions prior to 8.4(1) as well?  My customer has an ASA for both of these scenarios, pre and post 8.4(1).

You're welcome.

According to the information I have, any ASA platform that is able to use AnyConnect Premium (e.g., any ASA hardware (except the ASA-SM of course)  running 7.1(1) or later) would use that part number.

Note that AnyConnect Essentials licenses are only applicable for ASA 8.2(1) or later.

If you're a Cisco Partner I can point you to a page with more details.

Yes, please send me a link as I am a Gold Partner.