Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ASA 9.1 - dual VPN (ISP-1 static IP, ISP-2 dynamic IP) possible?

Hi everyone,

I am preparing a design where I have 2 ASAs in L2L VPN config for main ISP-1 using of course public and static IPs. But it get interesting where we will be adding a backup ISP-2 on each site but only with public and dynamic IPs. Would it be possible to have 2 VPN tunnels L2L configured on each ASA and the tunnel over ISP-1 will be the primary to carry the data and voice traffic and the tunnel over ISP-2 will be the backup tunnel? How is that accomplished? With the metric on the static routes? The thing is that I want the ISP-1 to be always the prefered VPN tunnel (more bandwidth available) when the ISP-1 is restored after the service failure.

In regrards to the ISP-2 and public/dynamic IPs, how can it be accomplished? I thought of on ASA-1 the ISP-2 will be configured as a VPN client to the ASA-2 on ISP-1 (static IP available) and vice verse on the opposite side. But can be ASA configured for both L2L server and client and the same time?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Remi

Views
Helpful
Replies