Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

asa accounting

Hello guys,

I would like to kindly ask if somebody can give me a advice on following situation:

I'm playing with Asa device in version 8.2(5). I setup it with freeradius and mysql. I try do accounting with asa:

My setup:

ASA configuration for accounting:

aaa accounting match ACCOUNTING inside Radius

aaa accounting match ACCOUNTING outside Radius

ASA ACL:

show running-config access-list ACCOUNTING

access-list ACCOUNTING extended permit ip any any

access-list ACCOUNTING extended permit tcp any any

access-list ACCOUNTING extended permit udp any any

access-list ACCOUNTING extended permit icmp any any

I obtaion to mysql log from asa accounting. But my problem is that: I receive data just with start and end session that match the ACL. I don't find better way on how to do it. I want record all vpn user session -> start and end session when user log into vpn. Not just when the user match my interesting traffic ACL.

Thanks for any advice!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Herbert Baerten
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Veronika,

try this:

tunnel-group general-attributes

accounting-server-group Radius

To be honest I don't know off the top of my head if this will work without also doing radius authentication - so if you're not doing radius authentication and the above doesn't work, try adding it, i.e.:

authentication-server-group Radius

hth

Herbert

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Herbert Baerten
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Veronika,

try this:

accounting-server-group Radius

To be honest I don't know off the top of my head if this will work without also doing radius authentication - so if you're not doing radius authentication and the above doesn't work, try adding it, i.e.:

authentication-server-group Radius

hth

Herbert

Yeah, that's true and thanks for your reply. I found it here: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa82/command/reference/a1.html#wp1560638
I am just posting the link if somebody will be interested in same topic. Your answer is correct, first time I was doing some other type of accounting - it was cut-through acct.

Best regards,

Veronika

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: