Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ASA Clientless VPN Access

Hello,

I have a question regarding security with end-users using the clientless VPN portal.  When the user logs into the portal, does it create a tunnel between their PC and my network or is this only HTTP "screenshot" information being passed through? The question I'm trying to get is if an end-user who is using their home PC connects to the clientless VPN portal, can their PC infect anything on my network if it's infected with a virus, etc?

Thanks!

• VPN
Everyone's tags (3)
1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

ASA Clientless VPN Access

Hi David,

When you connect a Clientless VPN with your ASA or Cisco IOS router. The session is between your device and Browser.

When you try to access anything on your network your device to the proxy on behalf of the browser.

If you use smart tunnel then the tunnel is directly between your server and browser.

Your network canot get infected if there PC is infected.

But you can use CSD and make sure then user with updated Anti-virus should be able to connect. You can get more info on CSD is:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/csd/csd311/csd_for_asa/configuration/guide/CSDJnabl.html

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.