cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA Error

newtwork1
Level 1
Level 1

I've been getting an error on a new 5505 I'm trying to install. The problem seemed to originate when I enable webvpn on my outside interface.

Any Thoughts?

Newt

webvpn

svc image disk0:/anyconnect-win-2.4.1012-k9.pkg 1

svc enable

tunnel-group-list enable

CiscoASA(config-webvpn)# enable outside

%ERROR: csco_config.lua:39: csco_config.lua:656: copying 'disk0:/csco_config/loc                                  ale/ja/LC_MESSAGES/plugin-vnc.po' to a temporary ramfs file failed

%ERROR: csco_config.lua:39: csco_config.lua:656: copying 'disk0:/csco_config/loc                                  ale/ja/LC_MESSAGES/plugin-ssh,telnet.po' to a temporary ramfs file failed

%ERROR: csco_config.lua:39: csco_config.lua:656: copying 'disk0:/csco_config/loc                                  ale/ja/LC_MESSAGES/csd.po' to a temporary ramfs file failed

%ERROR: csco_config.lua:39: csco_config.lua:656: copying 'disk0:/csco_config/loc                                  ale/ja/LC_MESSAGES/customization.po' to a temporary ramfs file failed

%ERROR: csco_config.lua:39: csco_config.lua:656: copying 'disk0:/csco_config/loc                                  ale/ja/LC_MESSAGES/PortForwarder.po' to a temporary ramfs file failed

%ERROR: csco_config.lua:39: csco_config.lua:656: copying 'disk0:/csco_config/loc                                  ale/ja/LC_MESSAGES/webvpn.po' to a temporary ramfs file failed

%ERROR: csco_config.lua:39: csco_config.lua:656: copying 'disk0:/csco_config/loc                                  ale/fr/LC_MESSAGES/plugin-vnc.po' to a temporary ramfs file failed

%ERROR: csco_config.lua:39: csco_config.lua:656: copying 'disk0:/csco_config/loc                                  ale/fr/LC_MESSAGES/plugin-ssh,telnet.po' to a temporary ramfs file failed

%ERROR: csco_config.lua:39: csco_config.lua:656: copying 'disk0:/csco_config/loc                                  ale/fr/LC_MESSAGES/csd.po' to a temporary ramfs file failed

%ERROR: csco_config.lua:39: csco_config.lua:656: copying 'disk0:/csco_config/loc                                  ale/fr/LC_MESSAGES/customization.po' to a temporary ramfs file failed

%ERROR: csco_config.lua:39: csco_config.lua:656: copying 'disk0:/csco_config/loc                                  ale/fr/LC_MESSAGES/PortForwarder.po' to a temporary ramfs file failed

%ERROR: csco_config.lua:39: csco_config.lua:656: copying 'disk0:/csco_config/loc                                  ale/fr/LC_MESSAGES/webvpn.po' to a temporary ramfs file failed

%ERROR: csco_config.lua:39: csco_config.lua:656: copying 'disk0:/csco_config/loc                                  ale/ru/LC_MESSAGES/customization.po' to a temporary ramfs file failed

%ERROR: csco_config.lua:39: csco_config.lua:656: copying 'disk0:/csco_config/locale/ru/LC_MESSAGES/PortForwarder.po' to a temporary ramfs file failed

%ERROR: csco_config.lua:39: csco_config.lua:656: copying 'disk0:/csco_config/locale/ru/LC_MESSAGES/webvpn.po' to a temporary ramfs file failed

%ERROR: csco_config.lua:331: csco_config.lua:39: csco_config.lua:11423: copying 'disk0:/csco_config/97/plugin/post' to ramfs file '/plugin_.ZWCAAA' failed

%ERROR: csco_config.lua:331: csco_config.lua:39: csco_config.lua:11423: copying 'disk0:/csco_config/97/plugin/vnc' to ramfs file '/plugin_.GSMAAA' failed

%ERROR: csco_config.lua:331: csco_config.lua:39: csco_config.lua:11423: copying 'disk0:/csco_config/97/plugin/ssh,telnet' to ramfs file '/plugin_.KWDAAA' failed

%ERROR: csco_config.lua:331: csco_config.lua:39: csco_config.lua:11423: copying 'disk0:/csco_config/97/plugin/rdp' to ramfs file '/plugin_.ZHGAAA' failed

csco_config.lua:8241: copying 'disk0:/csco_config/97/customization/index.ini' to ramfs file '

cind.ini' failed

INFO: WebVPN and DTLS are enabled on 'outside'.

CiscoASA(config-webvpn)#

CiscoASA(config-webvpn)# sh run webvpn

webvpn

enable outside

svc image disk0:/anyconnect-win-2.4.1012-k9.pkg 1

svc enable

tunnel-group-list enable

CiscoASA(config-webvpn)#

I now get the same errors when the ASA is reloaded

...%ERROR: csco_config.lua:39: csco_config.lua:656: copying 'disk0:/csco_config/locale/ja/LC_MESSAGES/plugin-vnc.po' to a temporary ramfs file failed

%ERROR: csco_config.lua:39: csco_config.lua:656: copying 'disk0:/csco_config/locale/ja/LC_MESSAGES/plugin-ssh,telnet.po' to a temporary ramfs file failed

%ERROR: csco_config.lua:39: csco_config.lua:656: copying 'disk0:/csco_config/locale/ja/LC_MESSAGES/csd.po' to a temporary ramfs file failed

%ERROR: csco_config.lua:39: csco_config.lua:656: copying 'disk0:/csco_config/locale/ja/LC_MESSAGES/customization.po' to a temporary ramfs file failed

%ERROR: csco_config.lua:39: csco_config.lua:656: copying 'disk0:/csco_config/locale/ja/LC_MESSAGES/PortForwarder.po' to a temporary ramfs file failed

%ERROR: csco_config.lua:39: csco_config.lua:656: copying 'disk0:/csco_config/locale/ja/LC_MESSAGES/webvpn.po' to a temporary ramfs file failed

%ERROR: csco_config.lua:39: csco_config.lua:656: copying 'disk0:/csco_config/locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES/plugin-vnc.po' to a temporary ramfs file failed

%ERROR: csco_config.lua:39: csco_config.lua:656: copying 'disk0:/csco_config/locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES/plugin-ssh,telnet.po' to a temporary ramfs file failed

%ERROR: csco_config.lua:39: csco_config.lua:656: copying 'disk0:/csco_config/locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES/csd.po' to a temporary ramfs file failed

%ERROR: csco_config.lua:39: csco_config.lua:656: copying 'disk0:/csco_config/locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES/customization.po' to a temporary ramfs file failed

%ERROR: csco_config.lua:39: csco_config.lua:656: copying 'disk0:/csco_config/locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES/PortForwarder.po' to a temporary ramfs file failed

%ERROR: csco_config.lua:39: csco_config.lua:656: copying 'disk0:/csco_config/locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES/webvpn.po' to a temporary ramfs file failed

%ERROR: csco_config.lua:39: csco_config.lua:656: copying 'disk0:/csco_config/locale/ru/LC_MESSAGES/customization.po' to a temporary ramfs file failed

%ERROR: csco_config.lua:39: csco_config.lua:656: copying 'disk0:/csco_config/locale/ru/LC_MESSAGES/PortForwarder.po' to a temporary ramfs file failed

%ERROR: csco_config.lua:39: csco_config.lua:656: copying 'disk0:/csco_config/locale/ru/LC_MESSAGES/webvpn.po' to a temporary ramfs file failed

%ERROR: csco_config.lua:331: csco_config.lua:39: csco_config.lua:11423: copying 'disk0:/csco_config/97/plugin/post' to ramfs file '/plugin_.SSAAAA' failed

%ERROR: csco_config.lua:331: csco_config.lua:39: csco_config.lua:11423: copying 'disk0:/csco_config/97/plugin/vnc' to ramfs file '/plugin_.VSMAAA' failed

%ERROR: csco_config.lua:331: csco_config.lua:39: csco_config.lua:11423: copying 'disk0:/csco_config/97/plugin/ssh,telnet' to ramfs file '/plugin_.BCKAAA' failed

%ERROR: csco_config.lua:331: csco_config.lua:39: csco_config.lua:11423: copying 'disk0:/csco_config/97/plugin/rdp' to ramfs file '/plugin_.MZLAAA' failed

csco_config.lua:8241: copying 'disk0:/csco_config/97/customization/index.ini' to ramfs file '

cind.ini' failed

Do I need to resolve these errors to prevent interuptions in the future? What are the .po files?

Newt

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Newt,

good, thanks for letting me know (and btw please don't forget to mark the thread as 'answered' and optionally rate it).

Since you are running 8.2, the fix for this bug is in 8.2(2) and later, the most recent version in that train being 8.2(4)  (in case you run into it again).

best regards

Herbert

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

newtwork1
Level 1
Level 1

This was the first configuration on this brand new 5505.

In the webvpn config when I "no enable outside" save and reload I don't get the errors.

Any Thoughts?

Newt

Hi Newt,

sounds like you're running into this bug:

CSCsy77628    the procedure of copying a file from ramfs to flash should be atomic

If you are running 8.0 then  upgrade to 8.0(5) to fix this.

If not let us know which version you're currently running.

hth

Herbert

Herb,

I'm running IOS 8.21. The REVERT WEBVPN ALL seems to have worked. I didn't notice any webvpn configurations modified after running the revert, but I'm only allowing AnyConnect download from the webportal.

After reading about this command I seems if you were running clientless SSL VPNs you would wipe a lot of the webportal configuration.

Thanks for the help Herbert

Newt

Hi Newt,

good, thanks for letting me know (and btw please don't forget to mark the thread as 'answered' and optionally rate it).

Since you are running 8.2, the fix for this bug is in 8.2(2) and later, the most recent version in that train being 8.2(4)  (in case you run into it again).

best regards

Herbert