Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

asa in active/active vpn solution licensing question

Hello All

I have a customer with the following requirements:

1) A Cisco VPN Solution that will be support SSL VPN and Cisco Client VPN - The  solution will be a failover configuration running in an active-active set up.  The solution offered will be fully supported (i.e. it will not go into End of  Life or and lower level of support etc) by Cisco for the next 5 Years.

a. We  would expect the devices to be similar to the ASA 5520 Appliance with  SW,HA,$GE+1FE,£DES/AES (Including ASA 5500 Advanced Endpoint ASS)

2) User  licenses for the above - Please quote for both the following

a. 500 appropriate SSL VPN User Licenses

b. 250  appropriate SSL VPN User Licenses

I am quoting them for the 500 ssl vpn bundle

ASA5520-SSL500-K9 and for the

ASA5520-BUN-K9.

Is it right that in active/active  software 8.3 and above that the 500 ssl vpn licenses will be shared between the 2 asa's or will I need to have 250 licenses on each asa.

Also I have read that in active/active I cannot use shared licenses, is this relevant in a vpn solution?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa84/license/license_management/license_86.html#wp2003381

Url above has this “The  backup server mechanism is separate from, but compatible with,  failover.

Shared  licenses are supported only in single context mode, so Active/Active failover is  not supported.”

Also “Failover  Guidelines

•Shared licenses are not supported in Active/Active mode. See the "Failover  and Shared Licenses" section for more  information.

I also need to purchase the

ASA-ADV-END-SEC and

ASA-AC-M-5520 (any connect mobile) as the vpn client is eos/eol.

Do I need to buy this for both asa's or can they share them in active/active mode.

Thanks in advance.

Feisal

Views
Helpful
Replies