Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

ASA ios Upgrade from 7.2 to 8.3

Hi,

Currectly 4 branches and 1 main site have asa 5510 firewall running with ios7.2.

Main site asa is running site to site VPN 4 site and remote access vpn.

I try to update asa 5510 ios from 7.2 to 8.3 on main site.

After upgrade to ios 8.3, all 4 site cannot connect to main site but main site can connect to 4 site.

And also remote access vpn is not working.

That mean after we migrate ios on main site, need to reconfigure VPN or need to upgrade ios same verion on same time.

Please help me to asnswer.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Ko Htwe

2 REPLIES
Super Bronze

ASA ios Upgrade from 7.2 to 8.3

Hi,

I dont think the upgrade should cause problems generally but your software level jump is quite high.

I would suspect that your main problem is NAT configurations that have failed to migrate properly. We can already determine that traffic flows to other direction but not the other therefore the VPN connection is for the most part fine.

The easiest way to start troubleshooting this would probably to see the Main Site configuration and the configuration of one of the Remote Sites and try to get one of those connections working. After that the other sites would probably be easy to handle also.

- Jouni

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: ASA ios Upgrade from 7.2 to 8.3

There should not be any incompatibility issues between 7.2 and 8.3 for running VPN. So it should not be a problem running 8.3 at one site to 7.2 at another site. So the issue is probably something in the configuration of the ASA running 8.3. There were significant changes in 8.3 in the syntax for access lists and for NAT. I suggest that you do a careful review of the 8.3 config and look for something that did not transition correctly in the code upgrade.

HTH

Rick

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content