cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA L2L VPN Tunnel and WCCP

Steven Williams
Level 4
Level 4

How does a L2L vpn tunnel with WCCP? If there is a webpage on the otherside of the tunnel that I need to access on port 80 and 443, it goes through the WCCP process. How can I tell the traffic crossing the tunnel that is destined for 80 and 443 to ignore WCCP?                  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I have not had to deal with WCCP configurations on the ASA that much but to my understanding this could be done in the ACL that is used in the WCCP configuration on the ASA.

I mean one setup we have has an ACL that simply bypasses the WCCP for certain destination addresses.

Originally the ACL was for example

access-list WCCP permit ip any any

Then we had to prevent this for certain destination network and we would add a Deny statement to the top of the ACL

access-list WCCP line 1 deny ip any 10.10.10.0 255.255.255.0

- Jouni

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I have not had to deal with WCCP configurations on the ASA that much but to my understanding this could be done in the ACL that is used in the WCCP configuration on the ASA.

I mean one setup we have has an ACL that simply bypasses the WCCP for certain destination addresses.

Originally the ACL was for example

access-list WCCP permit ip any any

Then we had to prevent this for certain destination network and we would add a Deny statement to the top of the ACL

access-list WCCP line 1 deny ip any 10.10.10.0 255.255.255.0

- Jouni

Spot On Jouni! Thanks. I was banging my head against a wall with this.