cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA Licensing Clarification

james.bastnagel
Level 1
Level 1

I have searched all over Cisco & Google and havent found anything that tells me straightforward what features are included with the ASA5540-BUN-K9 as opposed to just the ASA5540-K8. The only difference I can tell is 3DES/AES.

I am concerned with being able to run the firewalls in an A/A configuration and possibly doing VPN clustering. In addition, what upgrade licenses would I need to be able to run more than 2 security contexts?

Any help or links would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

James

1 Reply 1

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

james.bastnagel wrote:

I have searched all over Cisco & Google and havent found anything that tells me straightforward what features are included with the ASA5540-BUN-K9 as opposed to just the ASA5540-K8. The only difference I can tell is 3DES/AES.

I am concerned with being able to run the firewalls in an A/A configuration and possibly doing VPN clustering. In addition, what upgrade licenses would I need to be able to run more than 2 security contexts?

Any help or links would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

James

James

Pretty much yes, the K9 version includes 3DES/AES.

If you want to run the firewalls in active/active you should be fine as long as you are not wanting to run remote access or site-to-site VPNs.

With contexts you purchase context licenses separately from the base license and you simply use an activation key to add more contexts.

Jon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: