cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA webvpn and Vista

jjoseph01
Level 3
Level 3

Hi all. I have setup webvpn on our asa, and I have a link that allows me to click on it and directly RDP to a server. It works well on my XP machine and also a Mac, but a Vista machine it wont work with. It just takes me back to the portal home page. Anyone have any issues with this in the past?

11 Replies 11

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

It could be java issue in vista, try updating java JRE in the system.

go to this page troubleshooting tab, there is a link to redirect you to update site.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a00808c0603.shtml

let us know how it works out.

Rgds

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez

obeat4cisco
Level 1
Level 1

I read somewhere that you have to upgrade the ASA to 8.0 to be able to VPN with Vista.

Regards

Yeah, I upgraded to 8.0 already. Ill try the java link and let you know. Thanks.

ok, Java is up to the latest. Any other ideas?

Got busy at my end to look for release notes on rdp plug-in to see open caveats if any in previous versions, will do when I get a chance , but do you use in asa latest plug-in release version?, try to see if that helps..

rdp-plugin.080506.jar

Terminal Service client plugin for ASA 080506 11-AUG-2008 870718

Jorge Rodriguez

Well, I think it is, its on my laptop, which Im not at at this moment. Ill check this Friday and verify. Ill let you guys know, thanks.

Have you updated ASDM 6.13 / Anyconnect?

Rick

ari123zzz
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem, and see that a similiar issue is posted all over the internet. Any idea where we can get a comment from Cisco?

I run my WebVPN and RDP plugin on XP and everything works fine on both ActiveX and Java, but with Vista the Active loads and I get a security question asking me to 'Connect', I click connect and nothing happens. I then try the Java version and it loads, but after 1 minute or so I get a Socket Connection Reset error.

This seems to be a Vista Security issue or something. Cisco says this software works for Vista, but I don't see that being the case.

Did you add the site to the trusted sites in vista?

Based on the SSL VPN Client FAQ doc, this is an issue with the STCIE, or install enabler. It uses ActiveX to download/install the SVC. Vista and/or IE7 treat ActiveX differently so it will not let the install enabler run. Adding to trusted sites does not help, nor does modifying any of the IE security settings.

I am having this same problem with the SVC. WebVPN thin-client works as does Java, but the SVC will never download and install. We are on ASA722 and ASDM522.

Do we just need to upgrade to ASA 8.0?

It works on 8.x. So i guess you should upgrade. Had no problems with any of our firewalls after the upgrade.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: