cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA5505 - Cannot connect with Cisco VPN client

Luftslottet
Level 1
Level 1

Using a Cisco VPN Client 5.0 on a ASA5505 I cannot connect with IPsec. I get the following log on the ASA:

....QM FSM error(P2 struct....etc

....All IPSec sa Proposals found unacceptable!

....Mismatch: Overriding phase2 DH Group(DH group!) with phase 1 group (DH group 2)

....PHASE 1 COMPLETED

AS I understand, authentication is okey, but the client and ASA cannot find a IKE policy to agree on ? I've tried to setup several IKE's (that are listed supported with the Cisco client) but with the same result. Am I looking in the wrong direction here ? help !

Best regards,

/Kristian

PS: if this message is posted more than 1 time - well, the Cisco apache/tomcat system has been seek for the last hours..

3 Replies 3

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The logging capabilities on the VPN client are very good. I would set all the facilities to High, try and connect, and review the logs. They are usually pretty straight forward in reporting what is not working.

Hope that helps.

cmcbride
Level 1
Level 1

Occasionally I've had configurations all of a sudden require AES IKE policy. I found this out by enabling Debugging on the firewall and determining what exactly IKE policies were being sent from the VPN Client and then matched the first one.

ssingh
Level 1
Level 1

Make sure PFS is disabled or enabled on bothside.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: